Aegis X with Cerberus Tank by GeekVape is a new mod out from the “Aegis” series which are built for sturdiness and shock resistance. GeekVape is well known for their range of mods, tanks and RDA’s which are known for being good quality products and Aegis family became very popular for those properties. Aegis X is a dual-18650 battery (batteries not included in the kit) box mod with a maximum 200W power output. It has a new advanced AS 2.0 chipset that allows accurate temperature control and faster response time. Aegis X has an attractive 2.4 inch OLED colour screen. Same like other Aegis family devices, Aegis X is waterproof as well as shock resistant. On top of that, it has a dustproof design which is very helpful for someone working in a dusty environment.
We already know GeekVape has a proven track record in mod manufacturing, so let’s a closer look at Aegis X with Cerberus 2ml tank box mod kit.
GeekVape Aegis X Vape Mod Kit Contents:
- 1 x Geekvape Aegis X Mod
- 1 x Cerberus Sub Ohm Tank 2ml (Pre-installed: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm)
- 1 x Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2 Ohm
- 1 x Spare Regular Glass Tube 4ml
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Spare Parts Pack
- 1 x User Manual
GeekVape Aegis X Vape Mod Specifications
- Aegis X Mod
- Size: 90mm x 56.1mm x 31.3mm
- Battery: 2 x 18650 (not included)
- Input Voltage: 6.2V – 8.4V
- Output Voltage: 0.1V – 12V
- Output Wattage: 5W – 200W
- Resistance Range: 0.05 Ohms – 3 Ohms
- Display: 2.4 inch OLED screen
- Charger: USB 5V 2A
- Output mode: Power/VPC/TC/TCR/Bypass
- Temperature range: 100C – 315C / 200F – 600F
- Thread: 510
The Look and Feel of the GeekVape Aegis X
GeekVape Aegis X mod is a tough device with good size. Like the original GeekVape Aegis mods, the GeekVape Aegis X is mostly black and has a thick rubber coating. It is well built, no rattling, no gaps, nothing. So perfect.
Mod without the tank is 12.8cm height, 4.1cm width with a depth of 3.6cm. At the front of the Aegis X is a large 2.4inch OLED display which is very good especially if you have bad eyesight. In the right side of the mod is the main fire/power button situated near the top with up/down function buttons further down. The battery flip-door is at the bottom along with 5 small vent holes. 510 thread connector obviously is at the top of the device. USB charging port is right next to it underneath a waterproof rubber bung.
GeekVape Aegis X Battery Life
Like the average mods, the battery life of the GeekVape Aegis X depends on a few aspects:
- The batteries being used
- The coil resistance
- The wattage
Batteries should almost a full day vaping when using at 75W. Although you can charge the batteries internally via the Micro USB port, we don’t recommend doing that and suggest you charge the batteries using an external charger.
Using the GeekVape Aegis X Mod
Same as other Aegis series devices, the GeekVape Aegis X provides the intense and excellent flavour and massive vapour. The latest AS 2.0 chipset helps to improve the precision and accuracy of the TC to increase the flavour. It creates massive vapour. The large screen is very convenient and easy to use.
There are so many settings available like screen appearance and colour, four profiles, preheat, VPC and bypass mode, the normal wattage and TC mode. We always advise reading the instruction manual first, in order to understand and know how to change the settings and use the device.
- Click the fire button 5 times to turn the device on/off
- When the device is on, click the fire button 3 times to enter the menu mode
- Up and down buttons let you select the profile
- Click fire button to confirm the selection
- Use up and down to cycle between the modes and press the fire button to confirm
- Use up and down to choose the settings in the sub-menu of each mode
- Press the fire button to confirm the mode and its settings
- Press the fire button and the up or down button at the same time to adjust the screen brightness
- Press the up and down button at the same time to lock adjustment buttons
- Press and hold the up and down when in the menu to access the Set submenu
One of the nice new features is called ABB. If this is enabled, and you have one battery with a lower charge than the other, the fuller one will charge the one with the lower level.
There is not much more to say about the performance, because that depends on your settings. But overall, the device is easy to use and does the job just perfect.
GeekVape Cerberus Tank
Aegis X is supplied with the Cerberus 2ml sub-ohm tank, which still looks very small compared to some other 2ml tanks. Bigger glasses are available to boost the capacity. The tank has a thick mouthpiece with a large bore and bottom and has bottom adjustable airflow. Like other sub-ohm tanks from GeekVape, Cerberus is a great tank and will give you massive vapour and great flavour. Cerberus tank comes with a 0.2-ohm super mesh X1 coil which lasts very well.
GeekVape Cerberus Sub-ohm Tank Specifications:
- Size: 27mm x 46.8mm
- Glass type: Straight glass
- Capacity: 2ml
- Coil Type: Super Mesh X1 Coil 0.2ohm KA1 (30W – 90W, Best 60W – 80W)
- Thread: 510 thread
Last Word on the GeekVape Aegis X with Cerberus Tank
One word – impressive. Aegis X with Cerberus tank is by far the best device by GeekVape at the moment. Powered by the dual 18650 batteries Aegis X offers enough power for an entire day vaping. Packed with lots of functions and features it stands for what the box mod is and on top of that, thanks to a quality build this device is very durable and can withstand quite a lot of abuse. If you are vaping at the higher wattage – geek Vape Aegis X box mod with Cerberus Tank is perfect for you.